I'm ready to put my expertise to work for you.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE SCREENING
Much is at stake in a medical malpractice case—the costs, the potential recovery for the plaintiff and the reputations of the defendants. Roughly 20,000 medical malpractice claims are filed in the U.S. each year, despite estimates that up to 120,000 annual incidents of medical negligence occur. Pursuing the wrong case is a costly mistake. Using my medical knowledge, resources and analytical skills, I can help you prepare an effective case leading to a more successful outcome.
Let me thoroughly and succinctly screen your medical malpractice case to provide you with the details, related standard of care issues and the strengths and weakness of the case. My priority is to provide the expert information you need to achieve the optimal outcome for your case.
- Medical errors are now the third leading cause of death in the U.S.
Washington Post, May 23, 2016
- At one of the nation’s top hospitals, nearly half of all surgeries involve some kind of medication error or unintended drug side effect, a rate likely to be found at other U.S. hospitals.
Washington Post, Oct 28, 2015
- An analysis of 1,452 closed malpractice claims from five liability insurers concluded that 63% of claims did involve injuries due to medical error. New England Journal of Medicine
Article: Coronary Arteries Made Simple
Personal Injury cases can be complicated medically, especially if your client has multiple injuries and possible pre-existing conditions. Determining what injuries are consistent with the acute injury and what conditions were exacerbated by the acute injury can be a challenge.
As an attorney, you need to know ALL of what is involved with the medical issues of your client. With my decades of experience as a Registered Nurse, I’m ready to assist in understanding your case fully.
- Review available medical documents related to the case
- Analyze injury and non-injury related medical history and treatment
- Consider complications, co-morbidities, prior injuries, age, health status, life expectancy, and other factors
- Research relevant literature and sources of accepted treatment protocols and recovery data
- Develop comprehensive report including tables and charts detailing the probable lifetime projected injury outcomes.
Video: Hit the Jury in the Emotions
My legal nurse specialty is in forensics, as a Certified Forensic Nurse and Certified Forensic Consultant. My forensic education has included adult and pediatric sexual assault training (SANE), forensic nursing, nurse death investigations and a Bachelor of Science degree.
As a Certified Forensic Nurse and a Nurse Expert Consultant, I help criminal defense attorneys on cases involving injuries such as gunshot wounds, stabbings, strangulation, assaults and issues of child abuse. I also provide mitigation reports to aid in the reduction of sentencing for your clients and prepare cross-examination questions for you against the DA’s experts
TYPES OF CASES
- Violent crimes: homicides, gunshot wounds; stabbings; strangulation; assault
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)/driving under the influence (DUI)
- Child abuse and neglect
- Abusive head trauma cases in children
- Psychiatric defenses and psychiatric issues
Article: Gunshot Wounds
Video: Blunt Force Trauma
A bad expert can ruin your case. Obtaining the BEST expert for your case is imperative to your success. I locate physicians, nurses, and other types of medical and forensic professionals to help with medical malpractice cases, criminal cases, personal injury cases, and more.
I have a network of experts that spans the U.S. and I am happy to contact one of these experts on your behalf. As an RN, I know what to look for and expect in an expert witness. I know what questions to ask to ensure that the witness has the knowledge to handle your case. I can further provide you with expert testimony history reports, deposition transcripts, video depositions, and medical license disciplinary action.
- Standard of Care
- Proximate Cause
- Informed Consent
- Medical Devices
- Drug Interactions
- Specific Diseases and Conditions
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Permanency of Injuries
- Likelihood of Future Pain and Suffering